Saturday, April 25, 2020

Heal Them vs. Heal Me



I heard people crying out to the Lord, “Heal our land!  Heal our land!”

In response, I saw the Lord focus his attention on someone’s house and yard.

The person crying out could feel the gaze of the Lord.  “No!  I didn’t mean this land.  I meant THAT land.” and pointed to a part of society they abhorred.  "Heal THAT land, Father."

But the Lord’a gaze did not shift.   His focus remained on their home and yard.

“No, no, no.  Not my home.  Heal THAT home.” they shouted in desperation and motioned at their neighbor’s house.

They felt His unrelenting gaze burrow deep into their soul.  His undivided attention made them uncomfortable.  They felt His love, but also His fire. They felt exposed, naked, seen.  And yet, they also felt loved, awakened, and known.  

And they were silent. 

They realized that the Lord first wanted to deal with their heart and their home.  The prayer they were using to leverage change in the world had become a doorway for their own healing.

Humbled and moved by His love, the person kneeled down in surrender and said, “Okay, Lord, heal me.”

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs.Tami. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a follower of Jesus Christ and a Director of a Kalamazoo House of Prayer. I am so blessed by the post. How true a prayer has to be "heal me". Our church has been focussing on the same verse 2nd Chronicles 7:14 and a prayer of Daniel in chapeter 9:17-19. But what God showed me through your post is to say "heal me Lord". I am truly blessed by my visit to your profile and blog post. I have been to Kalamazoo area but never to the House of Prayer. I have my Nazarene friends in that area and next time if God allows to me to visit Untied States I will be so happy to visit Kalamazoo House of Prayer and spend some time in Prayer. I did visit one near Kansis city and spent some time in prayer. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 41yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and hte poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults drom the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your family, friend or church circle to come to Mumbai to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. If you want to respond to my comment I will appreciate if you could use my email id because I seldomly revisit blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Faith Comes by Hearing

  In May of 2020, I remember standing in my dining room, fielding calls from various Christian leaders in our city.   That evening, we were ...