Monday, November 20, 2017

Temptation is not sin. Temptation can lead to sin, when we give in to it, but it can also lead to triumph, when we overcome it. Remember how Jesus overcame those strategic temptations from Satan? He used the Word to bind and break the power of the temptation. I've heard Bill Johnson say before that he uses the Word to wash his mind after it's been exposed to junk. He opens the Bible and reads until he feels his soul becomes cleansed. I love this! What if you're not near your Bible and you are experiencing a temptation or have just been exposed to disgusting images or conversation? I have "go to" passages that I've memorized that I speak aloud to myself in times like that. One of my "go to" passages is Psalm 23 (The Lord is my shepherd...). I also love praying some of those powerful apostolic prayers from Ephesians over myself: "I pray that you, being rooted and established in love..." Or, I speak 1 Corinthians 13 - the "love" chapter....or Psalm 27 or Psalm 91, etc. Use the Word as your weapon against the devil and his schemes. His word WINS every time and in every situation. "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Comes by Hearing

  In May of 2020, I remember standing in my dining room, fielding calls from various Christian leaders in our city.   That evening, we were ...